Strengthening Environmental Stewardship
- Development of Community Resource Management Areas and Resource Governance systems
- Development of Biodiversity Management plans
- Trans-frontier Natural Resources Management and Corridor Development
- Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration/Tree Management (FMNR/TM)
- Biodiversity Monitoring and Patrol development
- Mitigating Human-Wildlife/Livestock conflicts
Promoting Land tenure and Gender Issues
- Engage communities to develop land/resources allocation agreements.
- Build local capacity to resolve conflicts and allocate resources targeting women for leadership and engagement in conflict resolution.
- Promote Community Land use plan development women.
Promoting Food and Nutritional Security
- Promote adoption of conservation agriculture (CA) and Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) technologies.
- Incentivize farmers to adopt improved techniques by addressing land tenure and access rights;
- promote homestead/dry season gardening for nutrition.
- Use agroforestry and Farmer-Managed Natural Regeneration (FMNR) to diversify farming, increase income/nutrition, and reduce degradation.
- Employ regionally tested Multiple-Use Water Services (MUS) approach to water service delivery.
Agric/Natural Resource Product (NRP) Value Chains Support Services
- Facilitate linkages between actors in crops and NRP business value chains
- Community Engagements for the involvement of farmers and Farmer Based Organizations (FBOs) in the Agric/NRP value chains
- Strengthening the Capacities of FBOs to become outgrowers for contract farmers
- Providing support services for the management of FBOs Associations
- Facilitating access to credit for Agribusiness actors
- Providing technical assistance and Business Development Services to Agribusinesses